Projects and Opossum?

This weekend was meant to be pretty relaxing for us. We had gone out on Friday to pick up a roasting pan from Target before thanksgiving, and then we went to the Salvation Army to try and find some new pants for the hubby and I since we have both out grown our clothes a bit. End Friday.

Saturday was an early morning since Newman has been waking us up at about 6 o’clock every morning. Saturday, he was gracious enough to let us sleep till 7, however, I almost never sleep through the night, so I always need a few extra hours and slept till 9. I made a few fried eggs, we spent some time playing some video games to relax, then Josh went outside to change the driver’s side door lock, since they tend to go bad, and it had. He then also tried to get the furnace in the garage working, but with no luck. We’ll have to look up the brand and hopefully that will help us. I managed to knock out all of the dishes, and I made some room in the fridge by taking out all of our expired food and putting it in our compost. (Of which, the compost bin was one of the two things we bought with our wedding money. The other being the removal of a 50 ft pine tree that was half dead and stood over our house.)

Sunday we were going to take it easy again. I hadn’t slept well the night before, and the weather was rainy then snowing. We spent some time watching YouTube together in the living room before playing some more video games. We ate lunch together and were going to go to the mall in the afternoon to look for some deals, but we never made it to the mall. Sunday about 4:30 I got a text from my mom to call her and I found out she had an opossum in her house. Josh and I had never removed a opossum before but they are pretty cute little fellas. We took over a Rubbermaid bin, and Josh wore coveralls and his welding gloves. It was hiding in a corner, so we just moved the things around him and Josh picked him up my his nape and put him in the bin and attached the lid. We released him into the woods and ate some dinner before heading home again for the night.

Though most of our time this weekend was spent recharging, the little adventure we did have will be a story we tell for quite some time. It was good that we were able to help my mom since she was pretty scared and doesn’t have many people to help her. It’s almost as if we knew something was coming, we were just waiting for the call this weekend. But, it always seems to just work out for us.

Reminder to take some time and recharge in whatever way works best for you. Burn out can reduce quality of life, so make sure you recharge when you start to feel low or empty.

What is the strangest critter you’ve had in your home? What do you do for self-care? Is it effective for what you need?

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

Website Powered by

Up ↑

Create your website with
Get started
%d bloggers like this: