I’ll usually just use a pre-made dough when I make these, however since I just made pizza the other day, I decided I’d just make one pizza and save the rest of the dough for this! When I do buy pre-made dough, I always get pizza crust. Actual crescents are too buttery and sweet to compliment the hot dog well in my opinion. I’m also a big fan of corn dogs so that probably plays a role.
I like to serve these with mustard or dip made with mustard and french onion soup mix packets. I also cut the dogs in half to make smaller dogs, however you can use bigger dogs if you cut the dough wider. I will also instruct you to fold the dough over itself more than I did, since most of mine popped open.
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Grab a large baking sheet and spray with nonstick spray.
- Cut your hot dogs in half.
- Open a roll of pizza dough or make your favorite pizza dough. You will only need enough dough for half a pizza.
- Roll out pizza dough into a square that is only about 1/4 inch thick.
- Cut the dough into 1+ inch wide strips. Wrap the dough around your dog, overlapping the dough 1/3 inch. Press the dough together, and place seam side down on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 18 minutes or until golden. Remove from oven and serve!
If you need a pizza dough recipe, you can find mine Here: Homemade Pizza!