These Flour tortilla were so easy and came out so delicious, it makes me wonder why anyone buys tortillas! This recipe was so fast, and I found this recipe everywhere, it was so popular! Here is the link to these tortillas, but they all seem to be re-posts from the original.
This is a simple alternative to bread if you are already out, and these tortilla aren’t overly sweet or salty. They are very neutral. We’ve done tuna salad and tacos on them so far, and not only are they strong, but they are still soft taste great with both foods! I highly recommend trying this recipe. You may never buy tortillas again!
- In a bowl combine 3 cups flour, 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp baking powder, 1/3 cup oil, and 1 cup warm water. Combine until a smooth dough forms.
- Transfer to a floured work space and divide into 16 balls. Coat each in flour then flatten with your hand. Cover with a clean towel and let relax for 15 minutes.
- Roll out each round into a 6-7 inch circle, do not stack them! Cover the ones you are not actively working with.
- Heat a large skillet to medium heat. Place your circle of dough into the hot skillet. Cook on the first side for about a minute, you should see bubbling in the dough. Flip and cook an additional 20 seconds.
- Place finished tortillas in a sealed container, or place between two large serving plates if you plan to eat relatively soon.