Even though I pulled my cucumbers a couple weeks ago, I still have a small mound of cucumbers sitting on my counter. At the same time, my in-law’s garden is just full of cherry tomatoes. So, here is a simple summer salad that uses up some items that may still be plentiful for you this time of year. Add a bit of acid with vinegar or lemon, and balance it with a bit of sugar, if desired.
What You Will Need
- 1 cup Cherry Tomatoes, Halved
- 1 Small Cucumber, Peeled and Julienned
- 1/2 Medium Onion, Diced
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 2 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Sugar
- Serving Bowl and Spoon
- Prepare your vegetables and add you serving bowl.
- Add Lemon juice, vinegar, and sugar. Stir.
- Serve right away, or refrigerate and serve later.