Slow cooker meals are convenient and an important option as the fall busyness begins. Slow cooker ziti is one of my favorite recipes. This recipe makes lots of servings and is very filling! This recipe makes 10-12 adult sized servings. When I made this dish, I cooked everything in the slow cooker, and I cooked everything on high. Once I added the noodles and broth, my slow cooker only needed to cook for 20 minutes before the noodles were Al dente. And, once I added the cheese and let it melt for about 5 minutes, the noodles were perfectly done. You can easily make this recipe vegetarian by adding eggplant instead of meat, veggie broth or water instead of beef broth, and a cheese substitute instead of mozzarella.
What You Will Need
- 1 Lb Ground Beef
- 1 Diced Onion (1 Cup)
- 1 Tbsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 Tbsp Basil
- 1/2 Tbsp Oregano
- 1 Jar Spaghetti Sauce
- 1 can (14.5 oz) of Diced Tomatoes
- 1 Box (16 oz) of Ziti or Penne Pasta
- 2 1/2 Cups Beef Broth
- 1 Cup Shredded Mozzarella
- Large Slow Cooker
- Brown your burger quickly in a skillet, or by placing in your slow cooker on high and stirring occasionally for 30 minutes. Place in slow cooker. Add onion, spices, spaghetti sauce, and diced tomatoes.
- Cook on low for 4-6 hours, or on high for 2-3 hours.
- Add beef broth and pasta about 30 minutes before serving. Make pasta as submerged as possible and cook on high. Taste pasta firmness after 15 minutes, and again every 5 minutes until desired texture is reached. Top with cheese and cover for 5 minutes to melt the cheese. Serve, but wait 10 minutes before eating, very hot!