This was my first time making this recipe and making actual bread. I learned to make the dough more of a ball, and to make less so they can be bigger. Otherwise, the bread is really good and the egg wash makes it absolutely beautiful and crisp on the top. Enjoy!
- Prepare 2 packets of yeast with 2 1/2 cups of warm water. Add 1 Tbsp of sugar. Wait 10 minutes for it to bloom.
- In a mixer, add yeast mixture, 2 pinches of salt, 2 Tbsp of oil, and 4 cups of flour. Mix. Add an additional 3 cups of flour, 1/2 cup at a time. Beat until it comes together.
- Clean a countertop, turn out dough, and kneed for 6 minutes until dough fully comes together and the dough is smooth. Oil a bowl. Add dough to bowl, cover with a towel, and let double in size in a warm place (about 45 minutes).
- Lightly oil 2 sheet pans. Punch down dough, divide into 6 even pieces and form into a ball. Place onto sheet pan, and let double in size in a warm place (about 30 minutes).
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Create an egg wash by scrambling an egg, and brush over the doubled dough balls. Bake for 15 minutes. Remove dough, and reapply egg wash. Bake for another 15 minutes. Remove from pans and place on cooling rack.