Fired rice can be made with almost any ingredient. I like to have at least 1 protein and 1 veggie along with the rice and eggs. I like to use leftovers in this dish. I used new hotdogs, but the potatoes are my salt potatoes I made days ago, and the peas were leftover too from another meal. This was a huge meal and makes 5-6 servings. Add salt to taste.
- In a medium sauce pan, make 4 cups of rice.
- Thaw half a package of hotdogs, 5 dogs. Slice your hotdogs into 1/2 inch pieces.
- Heat a wok over medium heat. Add 1/4 cup oil and heat till shimmering. Add the hotdogs and cook till both sides are fried. Add any other ingredients that need cooking time (potatoes, fresh carrots, diced onion, anything that can handle stirring).
- Cook until additives are hot. Add 4 cups rice, and 2 Tbsp worcestershire sauce, stir and heat.
- Once rice is hot, add any of your softer veggies, and add 2 eggs in a well in the center. Heat until eggs are fully cooked, about 1-2 minutes. Serve.