Bread is one of my favorite gifts to make for others, and this recipe has been a huge hit. If you don’t have honey, just simply substitute honey for 1/3 cup sugar. I like the honey recipes not only because I have a lot of honey, but because it’s healthier and adds a bit of a different flavor to the bread. Though the honey in more noticeable in bagels and rolls, you still get some of the flavor, and the bread isn’t as overall sweet as it would be with the sugar. I doubled the recipe and made 2 loaves at once.
- Mix together in a bowl, bloom 1 Tbsp active yeast in 1 cups warm water and 1 cups flour. Add 2 cups flour, 3 Tbsp Orange Blossom honey, and 2 Tbsp oil. Mix by hand or with a dough hook until dough comes together. Knead until elastic.
- Place in an oiled bowl, turn over, cover with a hand towel, and let rise until doubled in size, about 1 hour.
- Grease a 9×5 bread pan.
- Punch down the dough, kneed, and form into a loaf. Place in prepared pan, and let sit until doubled in size, about 45 minutes.
- About 10 minutes before bread has finished it’s second proof, turn oven to 350 F.
- Once risen, bake for 30 minutes. Let cool for 15 minute before serving