Salsa in a great snack. It’s healthy and goes with so many different types of food. I made this salsa with what I got from the garden and a bit of lemon and spices. This salsa is refreshing and original. The cucumber flavor brings a light and fresh flavor to any dish. You can alter the amount of chili powder to suit your heat preference, the recipe below is for a very mild salsa. The mixture did very very watery, so if you’d like, you could core the cucumbers to get less juice, or you could just decant some of the liquid from the mixture before adding your spices. This went great with tacos and chips, but be creative and try this with something new!
What You Will Need
- 3 medium cucumbers (small if store bought), diced
- 2 small vine tomatoes, diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp onion salt (or 1 tsp normal salt)
- 2 Tbsp chili powder
- Storage/Serving bowl
- Prepare all your veggies. Add to a blender. Add lemon juice and cover.
- Using the dice setting, hold for 5 seconds. Scoop mixture into your bowl. Add the remaining ingredients to your taste.
- Chill 2-3 hours before serving for better taste, or serve right away.