It’s not everyday I do two posts, however, my earlier post was short, so I wanted to share another today. I’m growing green beans in my garden this year. I usually just serve canned green beans, but I was convinced they would be good to have fresh, and if we don’t have them fresh, we can at least freeze them to preserve them. Here is a delicious way to serve them that doesn’t take much time or fancy prep work.
What You Will Need
- Fresh Green Beans
- Knife and Cutting Board
- Small Saucepan and Slotted Spoon
- Salt and Butter
- Rinse your green beans, transfer to your cutting board.
- Cut off both ends of the green beans, cut into 1 1/2 – 2 inch pieces, then transfer to your saucepan.
- Add enough water to cover, add 1 Tbsp salt to pan, and place over medium high heat. Cook for at least 5 minutes.
- Use a slotted spoon to transfer cooked beans onto serving dishes. Once plated, top with salt and a thin pad of butter.