Tacos are great to eat, but their leftovers are even better to work with. I could have made a casserole or just froze the meat for next time, but one of my favorite things to do with these leftovers is to make taco scrambled eggs. I’ve been making taco scrambled eggs since I was a kid. It’s simple! Just throw everything into a pan and in just a few minutes you’ll have a delicious, filling, savory breakfast. I used shredded shape cheese then topped it with slices of American. I also used my homemade cucumber salsa with this dish. Not only did it add beautiful color to this dish, but it was so refreshing with these eggs and brings a new flavor than normal salsa, though I love this with normal salsa too!
What You Will Need
- Leftover Taco Meat
- Shredded/Sliced Cheese
- 4 Eggs
- 1/2 cup Milk/water
- 1 Tbsp Butter
- Bowl and fork
- Frying pan and Spatula
- Microwave taco meat for 30 seconds to be able to pour from container.
- Heat a frying pan over medium heat. Add butter, melt and coat bottom of pan.
- In a Bowl, add your eggs and milk/water. Whisk with a fork until combined.
- Add your egg mixture to the hot pan. Top with 3/4 of your cheese and your taco meat. Stir the mixture until you see no visible raw egg.
- Reduce heat to low, top with remaining cheese. Let cook until cheese is melted. Remove from heat and serve with salsa.